Monday, March 14, 2016

Crafty Cork

A trip to Slovenia/Bosnia/Croatia in October 2014, included visits to several wineries and wine drinking at some great restaurants.  Always walked away, if possible, from both with the wine cork.  I have been looking for a unique craft using the cork I brought home.  Finally found a project on Pinterest, but it used the cork as a stand for a dinner place card.  I am using it for small paintings or cards.

[Sorry Mom, I am giving you a preview of your Mother's Day card.  Only small painting I have right now as an example.]

Using cork from the Lisjak winery and from the winery run by the Serbian Orthodox monks, I made up my mini painting "easel" using hot glue, twine, and unused jewelry.  Nothing elaborate, but I like it! Will be making more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...