Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Go Golf

Team Meyer & MainTerry & Mike in Cart_StartingLooking for a game?  Sunland's active golf calendar has something for everyone.  In addition to our annual and special event schedule, Monday offers a 9 hole Twilight competition followed by dinner, Tuesday hosts a weekly couples tournament; Wednesday, the traditional "Men's" day and Thursday includes both 9 and 18 hole ladies competitions. With summer's light extending to after 10:00pm, a few evening holes can easily extend to a full 18.

SCAN1816This year I took up the game of golf.  And I am addicted.  Not a good golfer by any means, but it feels great to get out on a beautiful golf course, get some exercise and enjoy a few laughs.  Weekly, I play with the Lady Niners on Thursdays (our field day players in the photo left).  They do not take the game too seriously and are very forgiving of the new player…that would be me. 

Mike and I occasionally play a game and we frequently join in on the Twilight competition together.  A great way to meet new people both on the course and at the dinner afterwards.  And once in a while I will join a foursome of gals and we will play a game on Mondays.

SCAN1817Today we had the annual Awards Banquet for the Lady Niners and the official season will end this October.  But, for those of us staying over the winter, we will continue to play as the weather permits.

In the beginning, I was horribly intimidated by the game.  But it is just a GAME.  Get out there and have fun.  I did and so glad I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...