Tuesday, September 3, 2013

No Waste Wednesday #35–Subscriptions

Reference:  Resolution posted 12/31/12

magazine_2I gave up magazine and newspaper subscriptions many years ago.  Not only do they cost (introductory offers are inexpensive, but eventually it adds up), the continuous receipt day after day, month after month means stacks and stacks of paper.  And the glossy pages of magazines are not always eligible for the recycle bin.  Plus, magazines are so full of advertisements, the articles are practically lost. 

Almost all magazine and newspaper content are now found on the internet.  International and National news are now real-time.  Local news feeds to my Facebook page throughout the day.  Informative blogs on subjects that interest me are everywhere.  You can even access favorite magazines on-line.  Colorful photos of creative ideas are endless.  Instead of tearing out a page to save an idea or image for future reference, the photo and link can now be saved or pinned to a virtual “bulletin board” on my Pinterest internet account. 

Why do I need a hard copy?  I do not.  Stop and save a tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...