Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Magic Moment–#7 My Mom

People often say my love of painting is passed along from my grandmother.  I believe my Mom gave me my love of art, not my Grandmother.  Her medium of choice is oils and very nostalgic subjects.   Although our methods and subject matter are completely different, she inspires me.  Her paintings adorn walls of many of our friends and family.  And her talents do not end there.

Mom & Sweet AdelinesShe loves to sing and sings well.  Performing many years in the Sweet Adelines and in a barbershop quartet (she is second from the right in the picture—nice gams, Mom!).  You would often find her Friday nights singing at the local pub with the piano player. 

And the woman can kick up her heels!  Hardly anyone holds a candle to her jitterbug.  Full of energy and a force to be reckoned with! 

At almost 81 years and still going strong, she continues to amaze me.  Love to you, my little magic Momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...